Youth Program Administrator (Full Time/Seasonal) Open Until Filled
- - Government - Chi Mukwa Recreation Center
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
The Youth Program Administrator, under the direction of the Events Manager, is responsible for planning; directing, coordinating and promoting activities for the Summer Recreation Program or related youth programs and for ensuring that established goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities, time limitations and funding conditions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Develops, promotes and directly coordinates youth programs with recreational activities.
- Observes participant behavior and response to program activities.
- Provides training to subordinates on all aspects of youth programs.
- Enforces youth program disciplinary policies and meets with parents accordingly.
- Ensures that all program rules, ratios, regulations and procedures are enforced.
- Authorizes, verifies and keeps records of disbursements from the program's account.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns specific duties.
- Orders and acquires program materials and office supplies.
- Maintains proper information in participant files and employee files.
- Creates and provides information and materials for youth program publicity and promotion.
- Coordinates leave requests, payroll, and disciplinary actions with personnel.
- Assists supervisor with preparation of annual budget and business plan.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Works in other areas of the facility such as Reception, Concessions, and Weight Room as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/ service providers.
Position has lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pound. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, climbing, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision; frequent pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, smelling, depth perception, color/field of vision, typing, bending; occasional sitting and crawling. Working conditions include frequent noise and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant client contact; frequent computer use; occasional exposure to chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure, and equipment use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Sports/Recreation Management required. Will accept a related field in Parks and Recreation Education or Child Development.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in youth programming required. Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience required.
Certification/License: CPR Certification and First Aide Training required, training will be provided. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of customer service practices required. Knowledge of broad range of recreational activities required. Knowledge of childhood safe keeping procedures required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and record keeping systems preferred. Excellent listening and communication skills required. Physical and emotional endurance necessary to work with youth required. Excellent negotiating, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills required. Multi-tasking and prioritizing skills preferred. Must be able to provide acceptable customer service and professionalism standards without direct supervision. Must be able to analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action. Must be able to develop youth programs relevant to participants' abilities. Must be able to effectively manage and train inexperienced and temporary personnel. Must be able to nurture childhood illnesses in an appropriate and caring manner. Must be able to respond to difficult and stressful situations in an efficient, effective and positive manner. Must be able to promote good public relations in a cooperative, productive working environment. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts