Vault Cashier (Christmas) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Cage
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Vault Cashier, under the supervision of the Cage Director or Cage Manager I, II or III, is responsible for the activity and reporting of cage operations, including protecting tribal assets. The position is required to monitor and direct the activity and staffing of cage cashiers. The position is responsible for maintenance, repair and reconciliation of Casino ATM / Gaming Ticket machines. The position is responsible for providing back up for the day-to-day operations of the Cage when needed. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements for Cage operations.
- Supervises all cage cashiers and staff cage areas according to customer activity.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by team members on their shift.
- Assesses funds and ensures prompt distribution to appropriate areas of property.
- Maintains adequate staffing levels by training, scheduling, and covering vacations.
- Provides leadership, communication, motivation, and guidance necessary to empower team members to make correct, real time decisions.
- Resolves customer service and team member related problems.
- Provides first line repair and maintenance on kiosks, ATM's, and currency validators.
- Investigates and reports to management all variances exceeding department standards.
- Approves or declines customer check cashing up to authorized levels.
- Assists security window with slot jackpots, key control, SDS, and deposit logs.
- Maintains control and documentation of sensitive keys, playing cards, and dice.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs team member evaluations and job performance reviews.
- Assists other Kewadin Casino Cage sites with maintaining currency and coin levels.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision and color/field of vision, typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting, carrying/lifting, pushing, reaching, manual handling, use of depth perception and bending and occasional sitting, pulling, stooping and kneeling and travel. Working conditions include frequent exposure to noise, vibration and air quality and occasional exposure to extreme heat and cold. Potential hazards include constant computer use; frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, infectious exposure and equipment use and occasional exposure to chemicals.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Cage Cashier, Count Team, Bank Teller or equivalent cash handling experience required; 2 years of experience preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet and data base software required. Knowledge of the repair and maintenance and balancing of electronic equipment, i.e. kiosks, ATM's (automated teller machines), counters, money counters, required. Knowledge of Title 31 Tax reporting requirements preferred. Knowledge of currency and coin handling experience required. Must be able to write grammatically correct business correspondence and emails. Must be able to provide staff direction and resolve daily issues. Previous supervisor skills preferred. Must have problem solving skills. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.