Restaurant Server (Manistique) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Restaurant
- MI, USA
- $6.348/hr. plus tips
- Year Round - Part Time
The Server, under the direction of the Lead Server, is responsible for serving guests food and in a courteous, friendly and timely manner and for maintaining a clean and stocked work area. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Greets guests with a smile.
- Serves drinks and food to guests.
- Creates checks for all products served.
- Thanks guests when they are departing.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Adheres to all company and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Reports incidents accurately and in detail.
- Checks identification and confirms age of customers.
- Follows all regulations, policies and procedures related to serving drinks, serving to minors and serving to intoxicated customers.
- Follows T.I.P.'s guidelines for serving guests.
- Works with management to improve standards of cleanliness, customer service and procedures.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Attends all classes and meetings as required.
- Works with all other staff and management as a team.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Board of Directors and customers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling, and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use, equipment; occasional exposure to high exposed places.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous high volume food and beverage experience preferred.
Certification/License: T.I.P.'s Certification required within the first 3 months of hire, training will be provided. Sanitation Certificate required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Good math skills preferred. Must have knowledge of or ability to learn to use point of sale system (POS). Must have knowledge of or have the ability to learn the Company's promotions. Must have knowledge of customer service standards and practices. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must have ability to make precisely coordinate moves of the fingers of one or both hands. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must have knowledge of or have the ability to learn the company and departmental safety procedures. Native American preferred.