Cage Manager I (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Cage
- MI, USA
- Depending on Experience
- Year Round - Full Time
The Cage Manager I, under the direction of the Cage Director, is responsible for the management and supervision of all facets of the Casino Cage. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Manages and supervises Cage Department Vault Cashiers.
- Directs team members to ensure compliance with internal control procedures.
- Leads the development of staff through coaching, mentoring and feedback.
- Provides staff direction and motivation to resolve daily problems.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by team members on their shift.
- Provides leadership, communication, motivation and guidance necessary to empower Cage Department team members to make correct, real time decisions.
- Conducts audits on cage documents, ATM activity, and cash transactions.
- Maintains a continuous training program in all areas in conjunction with the Cage Director.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements of cage operations.
- Approves all requisitions and purchases of departmental supplies.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Approves performance appraisals for Cage Department team members.
- Assists with budget development.
- Develops and implements new procedures to improve cage operations.
- Manages maintenance, repair and reconciliation of casino ATM / Gaming Ticket machines.
- Directs project management for special events.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds. Physical factors include frequent walking, sitting, use of hearing, near/midrange vision, travel, typing; and standing, reaching, manual handling, use of depth perception and far/colored and field of vision. Working conditions include frequent exposure to air quality and occasional noise. Potential hazards include constant computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and equipment.
Education: Associates degree in Accounting or Finance required. Bachelor's degree in Business Accounting or Finance preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of casino gaming experience is required; with 3 years of experience preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to have a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have basic knowledge of accounting, gaming and auditing procedures. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must have good project management skills; provide, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to prepare clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, policy and procedural drafts, and other written documents. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have technical knowledge in maintaining, repairing and balancing of electronic equipment. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts