Administrative Assistant (Christmas) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Administration
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Casino Manager III, is responsible for performing necessary office duties in the administration office, including maintenance of records, research, compiling reports and projects as assigned. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Coordinates mandatory training between the Human Resources training department and Departmental Managers
- Acts as the initial point of contact for Human Resources, Gaming Commission, Purchasing, Accounting, Uniforms and Insurance.
- Maintains files on items such as team member information files, purchase orders, requisition forms, invoices, daily call-in logs and pit reports.
- Composes and edit memos, letters, and reports.
- Attends meetings and takes meeting minutes.
- Assists management with the coordination and follow up of various projects.
- Processes ingoing and outgoing mail and interoffice mail and answers phone calls
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Orders supplies.
- Organizes employee relations projects as assigned.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position sedentary with primarily sitting and lifting of maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, manual handling, use of hearing, typing; frequent standing, walking, use of near/midrange/far vision; occasional use of depth perception, and bending. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use and equipment use.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent is required. Associates degree in Administrative Studies or related Business or Human Resource related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of comparable experience performing responsible general administrative work required.
Certification/License: Must be able to handle stress and meet deadlines. Must maintain confidentiality. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Experience working with email communication software, accounting, player tracking and timekeeping software preferred. Excellent organizational skills and ability to compile and maintain complex, extensive recordkeeping systems archiving and reference materials preferred. Proper telephone etiquette and typing skills preferred. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills and maintain effective team member work relationships. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must follow verbal and written directions, interpreting rules and office procedures, performing functions in accordance with existing policies and procedures. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts