Casino Porter (2)-Full Time/Regular-Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Housekeeping
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Casino Porter, under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor, Housekeeping Manager or Shift Manager, is responsible for a wide range of heavy cleaning tasks that maintain a clean and presentable environment throughout the Casino facility including offices. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains, stocks and sanitizes all washrooms.
- Wipes out ashtrays, removes cups, bottles and cans from in between slot machines.
- Wipes off finger prints and dusts tops of all slot machines.
- Sweeps and mops all hard surface floors and monitors and vacuums all carpeted floors.
- Scrubs hard surface floors with commercial equipment.
- Extracts carpeted floors and gaming tables with commercial equipment.
- Strips and finishes (wax) floors.
- Dusts all low/high surface areas with Casino complex and offices.
- Cleans entryway glass.
- Removes all trash and cleans trash cans.
- Cleans gaming table areas.
- Sweeps and mops all stairwells.
- Checks cleaning equipment before and after use for maintenance needs.
- Pushes in chairs around gaming tables and slot machines.
- Keeps carts and storage areas clean and organized.
- Reports all maintenance needs to the supervisor.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Cleans up after functions (weddings, conventions, concerts, etc.).
- Cleans campground shower house. (Sault location).
- Cleans rental cabins as directed (Hessel location).
- Cleans up Bingo Hall. (Sault and St. Ignace locations).
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments and customers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, field of vision; frequent pushing/pulling/carrying/lifting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, and bending; occasional climbing, crawling and use of color vision. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality; frequent exposure to extreme heat; occasional exposure to extreme weather, extreme hot/cold, wet/humidity and noise. Potential hazards include constant exposure to chemicals, infectious exposure, and customer contact, frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, high exposed places and needles/syringes.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year experience in custodial field preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge and understanding of how to operate and use equipment of the trade preferred. Knowledge and understanding of chemicals and how to use chemicals of the trade preferred. Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must able to work extended hours when needed. Must be able to perform basic math. Must be able to work under pressure. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Native American preferred.