General Manager (White Pine Lodge Christmas, MI)
- - White Pine Lodge
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The General Manager, under the direction of the Economic Development Director, is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations of the White Pine Lodge/Gas Station including personnel and assets. The position is responsible for the strategic planning process for Hotel operations. The position is responsible for ensuring operations are successful and profitable and in compliance with established policies, procedures, systems, laws and regulations. The position is responsible for ensuring customers receive outstanding customer service per Company standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Manages and oversees the general administration and ensures compliance with established objectives, record keeping, safety and security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for financial administration including items such as budget review and development, processing bank deposits, accounts receivable and payable, and NSF collections, analyzing and verifying accounting records and financial data, etc.
- Evaluates existing rules, methods, and controls for the general protection of assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenditures.
- Protects the assets of the Company which include currency, financial warrants, maintaining inventory controls and maintaining and monitoring internal controls.
- · Oversees all personnel management activities, interviewing, hiring, performance, disciplinary determinations, personnel leave requests, payroll processing, and updating job descriptions, personnel forms and records, scheduling, directing and assigning and delegating responsibilities and training employees on business systems and processes.
- Investigates customer or employee complaints and attempts to resolve problems to restore and promote good public relations and a positive work environment.
- Coordinates and monitors advertising and promotions for Hotel operations.
- Creates and maintains rates and packages, internally and externally.
- Directs team members to ensure compliance with internal control procedures.
- Assists with planning and coordinating the general maintenance needs of the Hotel facility.
- Creates spreadsheets, reports, and financial forecasting tools to analyze operations.
- Provides leadership, communication, motivation, and guidance necessary to empower hotel team
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Prepares and delivers reports and presentations to various audiences including the Board of Directors.
- Develops and implements new departmental procedures to improve Hotel operations.
- Travels to meetings, conferences and other locations as needed to effectively manage the enterprise.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and occasional lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near vision, typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting; pushing pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, midrange/far vision, depth perception and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure and equipment use. Frequent exposure to weather, extreme cold; occasional exposure to heat, wet/humidity, noise, vibration and air quality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Hospitality industry related degree or Business required. Five years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for education.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience in the Hotel field required. Minimum of 2 years retail experience, including 1 year convenience store/gas station supervisory experience required.
Certification/License: Must have valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of property management systems required. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet and data base software required. Knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures required. Must have knowledge of sales and promotional strategies and be able to analyze promotions and sales. Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must have knowledge of retail practices, retail management practices and business systems and procedures. Must have knowledge of business principles and practices involved with strategic planning and human resource management. Must have working knowledge of commercial and residential flooring installation. Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Knowledge of enterprise and financial administration skills required. Working knowledge and ability to operate computer spreadsheets, data and word processing software, point-of-sale and project management software required. Knowledge of effective customer service and retail management practices required. Must be able to work independently with no direct supervision. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to provide attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts