Project Manager II (ST Construction)-Full Time/Regular-Open Until Filled
- - Construction
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Project Manager II, under the direction of the Project Manager, is responsible for estimating and complete jobs within budget and for overseeing the day-to-day functions of the Public Works division.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Estimating, job development and job planning.
- Estimates jobs; on-site inspections and estimating costs to perform the job.
- Works with Engineers and/or Architects on projects.
- Plans for necessary equipment, crew and outside contractors necessary for completing the job and coordinates resources for scheduling the job.
- Coordinates on various levels with Project Manager for schedule, staff, equipment and subcontractors.
- Reviews and completes time sheets, equipment rentals and receipts.
- Meets with on-site inspectors and subcontractors.
- Ensure company safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Schedules crews for snowplowing, sanding, and salting and snow removal.
- Coordinates with Mechanic for equipment and truck repairs and assists with repairs as needed.
- Operates heavy equipment; i.e. dozer, backhoe, excavator, loader, sanding and plow trucks as needed.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Addresses performance related items and training needs of assigned personnel.
- Fills in for Project Manager as needed.
- Purchases materials and subcontract work.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum with team or dual lifting and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing/smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color vision; frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, manual handling, reaching, manual handling and driving, and occasional carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling and crawling. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and occasional exposure to vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and infectious exposure and occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places, chemicals and insecticides/pesticide, client contact and computer use. Protective equipment needed to perform job include safety glasses, gloves, steel toed work boots, hearing protection and safety clothing as required.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of job related experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic computer experience/knowledge required. Must have knowledge of underground utilities. Must have knowledge of final elevations and site grades. Must be able to operate various types of heavy equipment. Must be able to understand how various departments affect each other for job scheduling and planning to minimize any work interruption and or any down time to the various departments while job is being completed. Must understand the impact weather conditions will have on crew scheduling. Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and specifications. Must be able to carry out jobs to specifications and set budgets. Must be able to coordinate with Engineers and Architects for specification changes. Must be able to present written and numerical documents. Must be able to work extended hours when needed and must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays as the job demands. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must be able to handle conflicts and misunderstandings with the crews. Native American preferred.