Restaurant Cashiers (2) FT/Reg. (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Restaurant
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Cashier, under the direction of the Lead Server or Food and Beverage Manager II, is responsible for the timely and friendly greeting and seating of guests. The position is responsible for the accurate and efficient tendering of guest checks. The position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment, updating daily specials and menus for marquis and ensuring all guests are provided an appropriate and clean menu. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains a high level of customer service and correct operational procedures.
- Greets guests upon arrival with a smile and thanks guests upon departure with a smile and a sincere invitation to return.
- Tenders all transactions correctly and efficiently.
- Works with management to help develop and implement improved standards of cleanliness, customer service and procedures.
- Exhibits friendly and positive attitude.
- Informs management of any unsatisfied guests in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to proper sanitation procedures at all times.
- Maintains clean work area.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Adheres to all Company and departmental rules, policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs duties of Busser at smaller Casino locations as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives and Board of Directors.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching and manual handling, typing and bending and occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling, and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme hot/cold and dimly lit conditions and occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanic parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use and equipment and occasional exposure to high exposed places, and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous Cashier experience is preferred. Previous experience working in high volume food and beverage operation preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must possess good math skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor personnel, coworkers and the general public. Good organizational skills preferred. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts