Surveillance Operator (Christmas) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Surveillance
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Surveillance Operator, under the direction of the Surveillance Manager, is responsible for monitoring the Kewadin Casino property using a digital surveillance system. The position is responsible for protecting the assets of the Casino through random observations. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Protects Company assets, customers, team members and Casino property.
- Monitors the Casino and property for any abnormalities using a CCTV digital surveillance system.
- Writes Surveillance reports and Error in Procedures forms when needed.
- Answers phones and radios and dispatches security when needed.
- Contacts Tribal Police and Emergency Services when needed.
- Saves footage and generates reports corresponding with footage.
- Records daily events in Surveillance Log book.
- Investigates money shortages and performs in-house audits.
- Maintains a video library of any procedure violations of incidents that occurs on Kewadin Casino property.
- Investigates claims of theft reported to the Security Department.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Complies with Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Acts as a Gaming Commission Representative when delivering NSF notices.
- Conducts drug tests on team members when needed.
- Inspects slot machines before adding and/or removing from gaming floor.
- Assists Tribal Police by reviewing incidents that happen on Casino property.
- Must attend trainings.
- Checks decks of cards for imperfections.
- Maintains clean work area by performing light janitorial duties.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, Tribal Police, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of hearing, frequent use of near/midrange/far vision; occasional standing, walking, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of depth perception, color/field of vision, travel and typing and bending. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity and noise. Potential hazards include constant exposure to electric shock; frequent exposure to client contact, infectious exposure and computer use; occasional exposure to high exposed places and equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: One year of experience in surveillance preferred.
Certification/License: Security/Surveillance Trade or Technical School Certificate preferred. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of Casino policies and procedures preferred. Knowledge of or ability to learn to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software required. Knowledge of casino table games preferred. Knowledge and ability to identify cheating methods for casino games preferred. Knowledge of surveillance policies and procedures preferred. Must be able to learn to use digital surveillance equipment. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers and supervisors. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Decision making skills preferred. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts