Maintenance Worker (Big Bear Arena) Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- - Government - Chi Mukwa Recreation Center
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Part Time
The Maintenance Worker, under the direction of the Operations Manager, is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance tasks which involve work in various trades. The position is also responsible for daily cleaning and set-up for special events and for maintenance of facility and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Maintains ice with Zamboni and other maintenance equipment.
• Makes repairs and performs maintenance on ice making equipment and systems.
• Performs maintenance and repair of building, including electrical and mechanical; and building equipment.
• Sets up and tears down tables, chairs and stages for birthday parties and other special events.
• Takes daily readings on facility equipment and systems.
• Keeps work area clean.
• Assists with the installation and removal of special equipment.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Assist custodial staff with cleaning duties as needed.
• Coordinates tasks of Student Workers in absence of Operations Manager.
• Assists with crowd control and daily enforcement of facility rules.
• Assist Operations Manager with daily orders and daily log sheets.
• All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, sitting, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/mid/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, bending; frequent pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling; occasional crawling and typing. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, frequent infectious exposure and exposure to needles/syringes and occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, computer and equipment use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Two years maintenance experience preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of dry walling and painting required. Knowledge of basic plumbing, carpentry and electrical required. Knowledge and ability to use power and hand tools and other tools/equipment of the trade required. Knowledge of HVAC systems preferred. Knowledge and ability to operate a man lift preferred. Knowledge of mechanical equipment preferred. Must obtain CPR Certification and First Aide training upon hire, training will be provided. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to complete tasks in an orderly and efficient manner. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Position required being on-call when needed. Must be able to respond to difficult and stressful situations in an efficient, effective and positive manner. Must be able to analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action. Native American preferred.