Security Guard (Hessel) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Security
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Security Guard, under the direction of the Security Supervisor, is responsible for ensuring the safety and protection of both internal and external customers and the Casino complex. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Monitors Casino facility and patrol premises in order to secure and protect team members, customers and Company assets.
- Handles various situations such as providing escorts, cutting off intoxicated customers, contacting appropriate law enforcement, fire department or medical agencies in emergencies, etc.
- Reports to management any incident which occurs during the shift and writes incident reports.
- Answers calls for assistance and investigates disturbances.
- Escorts team members handling cash to Casino Cage area.
- Performs jackpot payouts to customers on the Gaming Floor.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Transports table fills to Gaming floor.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendors/service providers and law enforcement personnel.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, use of hearing; frequent pushing/pulling, use of near/midrange/far vision and color/field of vision; occasional sitting, carrying/lifting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, smell, depth perception, typing and bending. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise, air quality, dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold and wet/humidity. Potential hazards include constant client contact; occasional exposure to electric shock, chemicals, infectious exposure, needles/syringes, computer and equipment use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certification/License: Must have or be able to obtain AED, First Aid, CPR and Pressure Point Certification upon hire, training will be provided. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of or ability to learn to use word processing and spreadsheet and database software required. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Native American preferred.