Deli/Bar Utility Person (Hessel) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Deli
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Part Time
The Deli/Bar Utility Person, under the direction of the Shift Manager, is responsible for all phases of the food and beverage areas in the bar and deli. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Take orders and makes drinks.
- Prepares (prep) and cooks food to order.
- Serves food and drinks to customers.
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements to purchase alcohol.
- Cleans work and bar areas throughout shift and ensures areas are clean and stocked for next shift.
- Ensures no minors or intoxicated guests are served alcoholic beverages.
- Complies with T.I.P.'s guidelines for serving guests.
- Follows safe food handling practices.
- Tenders all transactions correctly and efficiently for bar and deli areas.
- Provides assistance with genuine concern and works to resolve issues with team members and customers.
- Reconciles register drawer and verifies register totals against cash on hand and credit cards, and gift certificates or coupons.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Follows and applies the Customer Service Standards of the Company and the department.
- Adheres to all Company and departmental rules, policies and procedures.
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Performs tasks in other areas if needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent pushing/pulling, climbing, reaching, manual handling; occasional stooping, kneeling, crawling. Working conditions include frequent exposure to noise, vibration, dimly lit conditions and occasional heat. Potential hazards include occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock and high exposed places.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year of food service and/or bartending experience preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have basic math skills. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must be able to operate or learn to operate POS systems. Must be able to operate or learn to operate kitchen equipment. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Sanitation Certificate required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. T.I.P.'s training required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to work in high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts