Warehouse Supervisor Closing Date: 04/13/20
- - Government - Housing
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Warehouse Supervisor, under the direction of the Operations Manager, is responsible for planning, organizing, storing and coordinating the distribution of materials, tools and equipment used by the maintenance, Force Account, grounds and fleet areas and housing crews. The position is responsible for ensuring inventory controls are in place and followed. The position is responsible for the security of construction/building materials, tools, vehicles and inventory that are assets to the Housing Authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Provides direction and supervision to warehouse staff. Coordinating schedules, completing annual evaluations and providing mentoring and leadership.
• Responsible for tracking and scheduling vehicle maintenance; including but not limited to oil changes, tire rotations and replacements, brakes, etc.
• Responsible for maintaining the vehicle replacement schedule according to housing procedures and processes.
• Creates and enforces procedures for inventory and warehouse activities, including setting and monitoring inventory levels (mins/max), implementing internal controls and processes, and entering inventory data into computer software program.
• Ensures cycle and annual inventory counts are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Works with accounting to make required adjustments to balance inventory.
• Maintains inventory of materials needed for routine and non-routine maintenance, residents service, public works and development projects.
• Schedules and makes deliveries of materials to job sites as needed.
• Reviews inventory documents to ensure accuracy, sets and monitors inventory levels.
• Secures housing properties as it relates to keys, alarm systems, etc.
• Oversees warehouse operations at all warehouse facilities.
• Manages warehouse operations at the Manistique Housing Site location and performs bi-weekly on-site management visits.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Works with the Operations Manager to complete annual budgets for the warehouse.
• Responsible for planning and utilizing warehouse space needs.
• All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other Departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers, outside vendor/service providers, general public and Tribal members.
Position very heavy with lifting objects over 50 pounds with team or dual lifting and frequent lifting/carrying of more than 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, use of near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, bending; frequent carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, use of smell, driving and typing; and occasional sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and frequent exposure to vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent computer and equipment use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock and chemicals and insecticides/pesticides. Personal protection equipment includes hard hats, safety glasses, protective footwear, and other safety equipment as needed.
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in Business Administration or three years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for education.
Experience: Minimum of three years documented experience in warehouse management and inventory controls required; 5 years preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Chauffer's license is required within 30 days of hiring. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and problem solving skills. Hands on experience with warehouse management software is preferred. Leadership skills and ability to manage staff is required. Knowledge of residential construction and maintenance materials and automotive materials is preferred. Ability to operate a warehouse in compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations is required. Must have the knowledge or ability to learn computer data base software, Micro Main and Microsoft program. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts