Network Technician I Closing Date: 04/24/20
- - MIS
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians is recruiting for vacant Network Technician I positions at both the Sault Tribal Health and MIS locations.
The Network Technician I, under the direction of the Gaming Systems Administrator or Systems Analyst, is responsible for providing system/application, network and peripheral support for end users to support business operations and for documenting all changes. The position is responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of all computer hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Travels to Tribal sites on a regular basis to perform installations, updates, maintenance and troubleshooting of physical servers, virtualized platforms, and server operating systems.
• Implements, monitors and supports best practices such as backups and anti-virus solutions.
• Analyzes and monitors client/server systems for potential issues; provides support for open issues.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical applications.
• Supports project discovery, development and implementation of Information Technology solutions.
• Creates and maintains technical documentation, including inventories of hardware and software.
• Provides support for domain/email/application account management such as account creation, security access and/or authentication issues.
• Corresponds with customers and vendors on a daily basis to complete relevant tasks.
• Documents work performed, time worked and resolution of daily work orders.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Performs research and testing on new hardware and software.
• All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near vision; frequent sitting, typing; occasional standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of midrange/far vision, field of vision, driving and bending. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality; frequent exposure to noise; occasional exposure to extreme weather, extreme heat/cold and wet/humidity. Potential hazards include constant computer use and occasional exposure to electric shock and client contact.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Computers or Electronics preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting computer systems in a business environment required which includes working with Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7, with system imaging and installing/configuring peripherals required.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to follow oral and written directions. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to perform on-call work. Knowledge and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet and database software required. Experience with backup application with disk based backup appliances or tape libraries preferred. Knowledge of personal and network printers required. Knowledge of Internet browser software required. Knowledge of Remote desktop required. Troubleshooting skills required. Must have communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must maintain confidentiality. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must have reliable transportation.
Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts