Front Desk Supervisor (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Hotel
- St Ignace, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Front Desk Supervisor, under the direction of the Hotel Manager – St. Ignace, is responsible for supervising and coordinating the work of Front Desk Clerks and Bell Valet Attendants. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Oversees staff, scheduling, training new team members, tracking and reporting team member performance and processing payroll and approving leave requests.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintains internet room inventory.
- Manages and maintains room blocks.
- Tracks internet reservations and cancellations for accuracy.
- Ensures daily and emergency reports are done.
- Reviews discrepancy reports from housekeeping and the Property Management System (PMS) and corrects errors as needed.
- Oversees promotional items and office inventory.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Communicates with Group Sales, Convention Sales Departments for group activities.
- Assists staff with front desk duties, valet duties and housekeeping duties as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments,
Executives, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position sedentary with primarily sitting and lifting of maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting, use of near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, field/color vision; occasional carry/lifting, pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, reaching and bending. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise; occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use; frequent equipment use; occasional exposure to chemicals.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience working in a hotel front office environment required. Prior experience and knowledge of a Property Management System preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with subordinates, supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must be able to work independently. Must be able to make decisions on the spot to satisfy guest concerns. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts