Painter (2) - Full Time Regular - Open Until Filled
- - Government - Housing
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Painter, under the direction of the Operations Manager or Field Superintendent, is responsible for applying a variety of finishes on the interior and exteriors of properties under Sault Tribe Housing Authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Applies paint, primer, stain varnished enamel, textures and other finishes to interior and exterior surfaces.
- Replaces, hangs, finishes and repairs drywall.
- Covers surfaces with drop clothes, masking tape and paper to protect surfaces.
- Removes, transports and disposes of tenant's personal property left in units upon move-out.
- Performs minor maintenance repairs on units, i.e. plumbing, electrical and installing interior doors.
- Removes fixtures such as door knobs, electrical switch covers, lamps, etc.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Erects scaffolding and uses ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Washes surfaces and preps them for painting.
- Creates scope of work and material list for vacant unit rehabilitation.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers, outside vendors/service providers and Sault Tribe Housing Authority residents.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and with frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, use of smell, bending; frequent climbing, reaching, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, color/field of vision; occasional pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crawling, manual handling, use of depth perception and driving. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality, exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity and noise. Potential hazards include constant exposure to chemicals, equipment use; occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and needles/syringes. The Sault Tribe Housing Authority will provide masks, respirators, safety glasses and specialized gloves as needed for Sault Tribe Housing Authority projects.
EDUCATION: High School diploma preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years residential painting experience required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have knowledge of paints and products used in residential painting, Must have knowledge of drywall application, painting surfaces and applying surface textures. Must have knowledge of and ability to use common tools of the trade; i.e. cloth, brushes, sprayer. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts