Bookkeeper (White Pine Lodge) Closes Open Until Filled
- - White Pine Lodge
- Christmas, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Bookkeeper, under the direction of the General Manager, is responsible for maintaining journal entries; vendor accounts payable payments and bank reconciliations to the general ledger. The position is responsible for maintaining specific asset and liability accounts, and balancing to the general ledger. The Bookkeeper is responsible for initiating and coordinating clerical and secretarial functions required in effective implementation of White Pine Lodge/Sault Tribe EDC project goals. This position performs complex secretarial work of an administrative nature. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, and professional service to all customers, both internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs daily audit and adjustment of accountability reports from all areas of the casinos (gaming and non-gaming).
- Inputs and/or reconciles information on spreadsheets, operating system uploads from which general ledger journal entries are extracted and posted.
- Pays vendors after obtaining proper supporting documentation and authorization.
- Reconciles credit charges to the bank statements daily.
- Performs daily balancing and posting of specific revenue accounts from the previous business day.
- Records and reconciles specific asset and liability accounts and sub-ledgers in the general ledger.
- Reconciles ATM Account transactions to the bank and general ledger daily.
- Reviews W-2g, 1042s, and 1099 information daily to ensure compliance with and to IRS code.
- Researches and reviews any overages or shortages and reports findings immediately to supervisor.
- Prepares and posts journal entries.
- Updates, recommends and writes procedures approved by supervisor.
- Reports discrepancies between system generated transactions and physical authorized hard copy documentation to supervisor.
- Reconciles lottery revenues and fees
- Ensures license renewals are completed Composes and edits memos, letters, and reports and answers phone calls and routes to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Maintains records management systems, files and retrieves documents, records, reports and organizes employee relation projects.
- Works as Department liaison and responds to customer, vendor, and department inquires.
- Assists management with the coordination of projects including follow-up as needed.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties to include: filing, drafting memos, research, etc.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Reports discrepancies immediately to supervisors.
- Adheres and complies with all Sault Tribe policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings and required trainings as directed
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers, and outside vendors/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting; and occasional carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, manual handling and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use and exposure to equipment and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree in Accounting is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Accounting Clerk is required.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Knowledge of on-line banking and JD Edwards software helpful. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must have problem solving skills. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relations; a cooperative, productive environment; and promote positive public relations. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations caused by time constraints and deadlines. Mathematical and reasoning skills required. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
REMUNERATION: $13.800 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
REPLY TO: Sault Tribe Human Resource Department
3015 Mackinac Trail
St. Ignace, MI 49781
1 (866) 635-7032 Toll Free
(906) 643-2127 Fax
Or apply online: www.saulttribe.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts