Graphic Designer-Full Time/Regular-Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Marketing
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Graphic Designer, under the supervision of the Graphic Design Supervisor, is responsible for planning, analyzing, and creating visual solutions for all forms of communication used by the company. The position is responsible for determining the needs of the company, the message the design should portray, and its appeal to customers or users and for creating the most effective way to communicate messages in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques. The position is responsible for developing the overall layout and production design of print, digital, and broadcast (i.e. OOH, cinema, magazines, newspapers, and other publications.), produce promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures for products and services, design distinctive logos for departments and services, and develop material for Internet Web pages, interactive media, and multimedia projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Creates excellent customer relationships and provides top notch customer service by following the Company's Customer Service Standards.
- Creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Meets with clients and managers and adjusts designs to fit their needs or taste.
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Designs flow and color mixes.
- Follows and adheres to the Company's brand guidelines.
- Identifies the needs of the company and client to create designs and layouts.
- Prepares illustrations or rough sketches of materials, discussing them with clients and/or supervisors and making necessary changes
- Brainstorms and mocks up design ideas.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; trouble shooting malfunctions, maintaining equipment inventory and evaluating new equipment.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments and outside vendor/service providers
Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting a maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of depth perception; frequent sitting, use of midrange/color vision; occasional standing, walking, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, near/far vision, field of vision, travel, typing and bending. Potential hazards include frequent computer use and occasional equipment use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design required. Will accept an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree.
Experience: Minimum of two years of graphic design experience.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Design (CS6 or greater) and Photo Shop experience required. Flash, in design, and adobe illustrator required. Must be able to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Knowledge of design elements and color knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods preferred. Knowledge of the basic structure and content of the English language required. Strong creativity skills required. Must possess high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines. Must have reasoning skills and be ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Strong customer service skills and ability to work in a dynamic team environment required. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts