Assistant Manager (White Pine Lodge, Christmas) Open Until Filled
- - White Pine Lodge
- Christmas, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Assistant Manager, under the direction of the General Manager, is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations of the White Pine Lodge/Gas Station, including personnel and assets. The position ensures operations are successful and profitable and in compliance with established policies, procedures, systems, laws and regulations. The position ensures customers receive outstanding Customer Service per Company standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Prepares and reviews, verifies and maintains daily sales summary and completes all bank deposits and delivers deposits to financial institution.
- Directs and supervises staff, including discipline, hiring, training, and evaluating employee performance.
- Operates cash register to itemize and total customer purchases, collect payments and makes change.
- Compiles and processes weekly and monthly invoices.
- Manages inventory and keeps records to protect against loss.
- Manages operating expenses, accounts receivables and payables for successful and profitable operations.
- Implements Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Processes payroll, leave requests, scheduling and running of staff meetings.
- Performs daily market research.
- Computes bill, posts charges, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Reports safety and security hazards to proper authority.
- Keeps records of room availability and guest accounts.
- Promotes and sells all aspects of the property, including packages, tickets, and other promotions.
- Reconciles register drawer and verifies register totals against cash on hand, receipts, credit cards and vouchers.
- Checks identification of customers purchasing tobacco products to verify age requirements in order to comply with applicable law.
- Meets, greets, and assists public in selecting gifts and merchandise.
- Changes displays regularly with consideration to buying audience and season.
- Works with staff on stocking and displaying merchandise.
- Participates in the monthly inventory of merchandise and stock.
- Orders merchandise for all weekly groceries and gives them to the Manager to input them.
- Checks in orders and matches all items to PO and Packing Slip.
- Prices all merchandise.
- Performs general cleaning duties and keeps work area clean and organized and maintains a safe work environment.
- Folds clothing products.
- Stocks all products on a daily basis.
- Sorting used playing cards for customer purchase.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assists in yearly budget preparation as needed.
- Inspects hotel rooms completed by room attendant to ensure rooms are properly cleaned.
- Inspects housekeeping carts for proper stocking and organization.
- Inspects public areas of hotel for cleanliness.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, and depth perception, color/field of vision, driving, typing and bending; frequent standing, walking, sitting, carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching and manual handling and occasional climbing. Working conditions include constant exposure to extreme weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and air quality and occasional vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to chemicals, computer use and frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Management or Finance required. Three years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for education.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years convenience store/gas station experience required, or four years other retail experience, including supervisory experience.
Certification/License: Must have valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge and ability to operate computer spreadsheets, data and word processing software, project management or point of sale software preferred. Working knowledge of JD Edwards, Infogenis and Eatec preferred. Knowledge of Tribal and Enterprise operating policies and procedures preferred. Knowledge of effective customer service practices required. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills. Must be able to work in a high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Must have excellent math skills. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public.
Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to handle and resolve customer complaints. Native American preferred.