Emergency Preparedness Coordinator-Full Time/Regular-Open until filled
- - Health
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, under the direction of the Operations Manager, is responsible for meeting the obligations of the Michigan Office of Public Health Preparedness, the Health Division and the Tribe's overall emergency plans and initiatives. The position is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating the Health Division public health preparedness drills, exercises as demanded by the grant, division and Tribe. The position is responsible for developing, scheduling and implementing training programs for staff. The position creates and maintains necessary data bases and files to maintain key program information such as compliance documents, plans, after action reports and protocols for various public health emergency responses for the Health Division.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assists with program organization across the Health Division.
- Prepares emergency plans, annexes, protocols and program reports.
- Writes all necessary plans, protocols and annexes with updates.
- Plans and coordinates drills and exercises.
- Writes after action reports with tribal and local response partners to meet the State work plan requirements for the grant, Health Division and Tribe.
- Develops schedules and trains staff.
- Creates, and maintains orderly administrative records and all other program relevant documents to meet grant and Tribal program requirements.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with local, tribal and State response agencies for collaborative events and emergency response.
- Creates the necessary computerized tracking and databases necessary for important program data and information.
- Creates and maintains electronic and hard copy emergency preparedness manuals for the Health Division.
- Establishes ad hoc committees to work on emergency preparedness topics and projects.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Participates in various local, county, and tribal planning and coordinating meetings related to public health preparedness or emergency preparedness.
- Attends public health preparedness meetings.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position sedentary with primarily sitting/lifting of 10 pounds maximum. Physical factors include constant use of near vision; frequent sitting, use of hearing, midrange vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, and typing; occasional standing, walking, carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, far vision, bending and travel. Working conditions include occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, and noise and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, infectious exposure, patient/client contact, needles/syringes and equipment.
Education: Associates degree in one of the following areas required; Public Health, Nursing, Fire Science Emergency Management, Emergency Preparedness or Law Enforcement; Bachelor's Degree preferred. Will accept an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of degree.
Experience: Experience in emergency preparedness activities preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of public health preparedness and public health preferred. Knowledge of public health, emergency management and emergency response procedures and protocols preferred. Knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command and other relevant emergency systems preferred. Knowledge and experience writing emergency plans and protocols preferred. Knowledge of Federal and State response agencies i.e. FEMA, Homeland Security, Michigan Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control etc. preferred. Instant Command System (ICS) Certification in the following areas required within 1 year of employment; ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must be able to prepare clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, policy and procedural drafts, and other written documents. Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, and the general public. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings including public speaking. Must be able to coordinate, plan and implement a large event such as drills or exercises. Must be able to learn and use various types of current technology, i.e. 800 mghz radios, computerized planning and exercise software. Ability to run staff and committee meetings preferred. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts