Secretary (ACFS)-Full Time/Regular-Open until filled
- - ACFS
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Secretary, under the direction of the Office Supervisor, Child Placement Services Program Director, Child Placement Services Supervisor or Advocacy Resource Program Manager, is responsible for providing secretarial and clerical support to all Anishnaabek Community and Family Services staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Processes disbursement vouchers.
- Answers phones, greets clients and visitors, applies postage to outgoing mail, completes monthly usage report and copies documents.
- Performs data entry in various databases.
- Prepares and maintains client files, logs and proofread reports.
- Processes payroll.
- Receives applications and reviews for eligibility and required information.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and processes travel advances and reconciliations.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Orders and maintain supplies.
- Assists with coordinating vehicle maintenance and scheduling; scheduling of staff for usage of vehicles and makes appointments for repairs, oil changes and cleanings as instructed and maintains documentation of repairs.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, clients, outside vendors/service providers and Tribal members.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant typing and use of hearing; frequent walking, sitting, use of smell, near vision; and occasional standing, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of mid and far range vision, and bending. Working conditions include frequent noise and occasional exposure to weather, wet/humid, and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use, frequent equipment use, and occasional moving parts, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides and client contact.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an office environment required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and database software. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office equipment such as faxes, copiers and phone systems. Knowledge of general office procedures and Kronos timekeeping system preferred. Must have good typing, proofreading skills and telephone etiquette skills. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and exhibit friendly and positive attitude and establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must be able to work with little or no supervision. Must be able to work in high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts