Receptionist (Purchasing) - Full Time / Regular - 08/03/2020
- - Purchasing Department
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Receptionist, under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, is responsible for answering phones, greeting customers and providing information and routing inquiries and customers to the appropriate department staff, offices and other personnel within the organization and for maintaining and processing departmental paperwork as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Operates telephones, routes incoming calls and vendor inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Collects, sorts and distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail.
- Files and maintains documents and electronic records.
- Verifies and logs correct information on requisitions and distributes to Purchasing Agents for purchase order.
- Maintains accurate logs of paperwork received.
- Maintains requisition logs for all shipping and receiving orders.
- Prepares weekly requisition distribution report for Purchasing Director.
- Verifies accuracy of all daily data entry paperwork for Eatec.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs data entry tasks as assigned.
- Provides clerical support to staff including copying of documents.
- Attends department meetings.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position lifts 10 pounds maximum and has occasional lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds. Physical factors include being able to frequently remain in a stationary position; occasionally being able to position one's self to move or transport wheeled objects, equipment, product or stock within the department, being able to detect, observe, inspect and assess work area and surroundings, being able to frequently move within department area, being able to constantly operate computers, cash registers, calculators, copiers, etc. and being able to distinguish odors. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise and cigarette smoke from high traffic areas in Casino Facilities. Protective equipment/clothing needed to perform the job include hazards kit with protective gloves, mask, etc. and personal protective equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Knowledge of JD Edwards and Eatec Accounting Software preferred. Must have working knowledge and ability to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, and printer. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, and the general public. Must have excellent organization skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must be able to work in a timely manner and enter data accurately. Must be able to work in a high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts