Administrative Manager Open Until Filled
- - Executive Office
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Administrative Manager is responsible for providing administrative support services and project management for the Executive Office, as assigned and directed by the Executive Director. This position also manages the Tribal Administration Complex Reception and Mail Processing Center, supervises the Receptionists and other assigned personnel, interns and student workers, and serves as the Executive Office's internal and external liaison, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Provides administrative support for the Executive Office by maintaining files and signature logs, retrieving, recording and tracking documents; developing/maintaining databases; preparing correspondences and reports; disseminating internal and external correspondence and information; preparing drafts of strategic plans and budgets, as assigned and directed by Executive Director; managing and ordering office supply inventory and equipment; preparing and processing disbursement vouchers and vendor payments; preparing and processing hiring and posting requests for personnel; assisting with interview and testing preparation, scheduling, and scores compilation.
• Provides administrative support for the Executive Director by scheduling and maintaining the Executive Director's calendar; preparing meeting materials; arranging, scheduling and coordinating meetings and events; taking and distributing minutes; performing meeting and assignments tracking and follow-up; and handling travel arrangements for Executive Director and other staff, as assigned.
• Provides project management for a variety of special administrative and programming projects, as assigned and directed by the Executive Director.
• Manages the Reception and Mail Processing Center for the Tribal Administration Complex, including managing administrative support services special projects, internal and external mail distribution, telephone system operation, and other office support services, such as copying, scanning and faxing; managing and ordering supplies inventory; and managing equipment operation, maintenance and/or repair.
• Provides supervision of the Tribal Administration Receptionists and other personnel, interns and student workers, as assigned, in compliance with Sault Tribe policies and procedures; and processes Kronos payroll input for Receptionists and other assigned personnel.
• Functions as a liaison for the Executive Office with the Sault Tribe Board of Directors, Tribal members, executives, division directors, department and program personnel, and outside agencies and/or governments.
• Makes recommendations for improvements related to methods and processes; provides technical, administrative and office procedural training to other personnel.
• Provides administrative support and assistance with grant writing, compliance, monitoring, reporting, and oversight of Federal grants.
• Provides back-up coverage for the Chairperson's Office, Assistant Executive Director's Office, CFO's Office, Reception and Mail Processing Center, as needed.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
CONTACTS: Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives, Board of Directors, outside vendor/service providers, customers and community groups.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting of maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of hearing, and typing; frequent use of near vision, smelling, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, color and field of vision; occasional standing and walking; occasional carrying, lifting, pushing pulling under 25 pounds; occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and manual handling and bending. Working conditions include frequent air quality; and occasional exposure to weather, extreme cold, noise and vibration. Protective equipment/clothing needed to perform job include personal protection kit to include gloves, mask, etc.
Education: Associate Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or related field; three (3) years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of four years of progressive experience in an office environment is required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of some tribal programs and operations and able to understand the needs of the departments, participants in the programs and the goals of the tribe. Effective communication skills that include, written, verbal, listening and presentation skills with diverse groups of people is required. The ability to tailor communications to suit the needs of the audience in all aspects of communication is required. Able to identify issues, apply analytical decision making and develop solutions is required. Must have knowledge of strategic planning, financial and human resource management, and effective training techniques. Effective personnel, team and project management is required. Must have proficiency in various programs and software including word processing, spreadsheets, database, project management and flow charts. Must be able to remain calm in stressful situations and handle confidential information discreetly. Must be able to manage and schedule own time and workload. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts