Gift Shop Cashier-Full Time Regular-Open until filled
- - Gift Shop
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Cashier, under the direction of the Gift Shop Manager, is responsible for the efficient and prompt processing of all customer transactions, maintaining proper control of all cash and paper transactions and ensuring transactions are tendered correctly and efficiently. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains and records daily sales on cash register.
- Reconciles register drawer and verifies register totals against cash on hand, receipts, credit cards and vouchers.
- Checks identification of customers purchasing tobacco products to verify age requirements in order to comply with applicable law.
- Meets, greets, and assists public in selecting gifts and merchandise.
- Changes displays regularly with consideration to buying audience and season.
- Works with staff on stocking and displaying merchandise.
- Participates in the monthly inventory of merchandise and stock.
- Orders merchandise for all weekly groceries and gives them to the Manager to input them.
- Checks in orders and matches all items to PO and Packing Slip.
- Prices all merchandise.
- Performs general cleaning duties and keeps work area clean and organized and maintains a safe work environment.
- Folds clothing products.
- Stocks all products on a daily basis.
- Sorting used playing cards for customer purchase.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Verifies vendor coupons and gaming vouchers.
- Moves product from the stock room to the Gift Shop.
- Maintains Coat Check (Christmas and Manistique locations)
- Answers phone and takes messages and orders.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/services providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; occasional pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell and bending. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality; occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold, noise and vibration. Potential hazards include constant equipment use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year of experience working with the public and handling money preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of cash register operations preferred. Must have excellent math skills. Must enjoy working with the public and have a good personality. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. One year of experience working with the public and handling money preferred. Native American Preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts