Budget Analyst Open Until Filled
- - Administration
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
Under the direction of the Senior Budget Analyst, the Budget Analyst provides assistance in budget development and administration; budget estimates and justifications, reviewing budget submissions and reports for reasonableness, accuracy and conformance with procedures and guidelines; monitoring budgets; and financial review and analysis for all governmental, enterprise, and casino entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Responsible for monitoring and analyzing the reasonableness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and guidelines in all budget processes, including budget preparation, financial reviews, modifications, and year-end reconciliations.
• Performs detail analysis of budget modification requests submitted by various departments and divisions; prepares budget adjustments and maintains files of all budget adjustments for reporting purposes. Assesses financial impacts, policy implications, and operational needs of various tribal departments and divisions.
• Develops individual and consolidated management reports for financial review meetings with the Board of Directors, budget reports, comparative and trend analysis reports, statistical reports, and reports concerning operational needs, while providing supporting documentation.
• Develops and organizes the timely distribution of all budget materials including budget files, packets, modification information, and policies to managers and directors.
• Develops a consolidation of budget estimates of multiple governmental, enterprise, and casino entities; compilation of data based on statistical studies and analysis of past and current years, to prepare budgets and justify funds requested, through the appropriation process.
• Schedule and facilitates manager/direct meetings/trainings for all governmental, enterprise, and casino entities; reviews budget packet, established guidelines, and advises on adherence to budget and control procedures.
• Inputs and monitors all governmental, enterprise, and casino budgets in JD Edwards accounting software system.
• Reviews and makes recommendations to Senior Budget Analyst on all grant application proposals before submission to the Board of Directors for approval.
• Reviews and responds to the information received from the Human Resource Department, insuring requests for additional and new staffing falls within the approved budget appropriations.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Develops and maintains all internal department databases, forms, and archiving.
• Provides special budget reports including comparative and trend analysis reports for analysis of operating costs in relation to services, with recommendations for budget reviews and budget forecasting.
• Responsible for ensuring that proper direction is given to managers, directors, and other users on budget procedures and established guidelines.
• Responsible for accurate and timely development of the budget calendar, detailed analysis of budget requests and consolidation of budget estimates.
• Assists with developing new departmental goals and objectives, as well as policies and procedures.
• Attends Board of Directors meetings and workshops in the absence of the Senior Budget Analyst as needed.
• All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives and Board of Directors.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of near vision and typing; frequent use of hearing and color vision; and occasional standing, walking, carrying/lifting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and manual handling, use of midrange/far/field of vision, travel and bending. Working conditions include constant exposure to natural light; frequent exposure to noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, client contact and equipment.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration required; will accept a related field.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in Tribal Governmental, Enterprise and Casino budgeting and/or financial experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have comprehensive knowledge of budgetary methods, terminology, techniques, practices and procedures. Must be able to identify budgetary problems in order to develop alternative solutions for the resolution of conflicting goals and objectives. Must be able to effectively present complex financial information to all levels of management. Must have detailed knowledge of organizational structure, programs, and budgetary/financial relationships within the organization. Must have strong analytical skills and be able to produce results with high degree of accuracy. Must be able to extract, review and analyze numerical information. Must be able to listen and communicate in a manner which facilitates open communication. Must have working knowledge and proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and accounting software. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in diverse range of audiences and settings. Must have excellent organizational skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must be willing to travel. Must maintain confidentiality. Must be able to work under pressure and manage priorities. Must be able to work with little to no supervision. Native American preferred.