Covid Task Force Manager Open Until Filled
- - Administration
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
The COVID-19 Task Force Manager, under direction of the Executive Task Force, assists with administration and oversight of the COVID- 19 Task Force to ensure that all resources are aligned with the goals of the COVID-19 Executive Task Force. This position is responsible for providing guidance to each COVID-19 subcommittee on COVID-19 related tasks and projects as directed. The COVID-19 Task Force Manager reports to the Executive Task Force.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Provides guidance to the COVID-19 Task Force subcommittees as assigned by the Executive Task Force.
• Prepares and submits weekly reports to the Executive Task Force on task force progress.
• Assists with development, implementation, modification, and evaluation of COVID-19 Task Force objectives. Ensures that task force members develop and carry out key initiatives for their respective subcommittees.
• Ensures that COVID-19 task force subcommittee activities are aligned with COVID-19 Executive Task Force objectives.
• Tracks critical milestones on behalf of the entire task force
• Assists task force subcommittee with the development of COVID-19 related recommendations to the Executive Task Force and Tribal Board of Directors to help improve safety for tribal members and tribal employees during COVID-19 pandemic.
• Develops operational structures, standards, and processes related to COVID-19 Task Force.
• Recommends and assists with policy development.
• Supports task force leadership discussions to facilitate decision making processes
• Develops presentations and communication materials as needed in order to provide updates on the status of projects, initiatives, and processes throughout the task force.
• Assists in facilitating and overseeing planning efforts from development stage to final execution for COVID-19 task force activities
• Ensure effective/efficient communications and workflow related to the COVID-19 Task Force.
• Collects and analyzes data to prepare reports and documents.
• Makes recommendations for improvements related to methods and processes.
• Provides support to ensure compliance and monitoring of federal requirements, including federal guidelines and regulations, related to COVID-19 funding, including CARES Act.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Assists with the development of COVID-19 Task Force plans and long range goals.
• Coordinates and delegates daily work in support of goals and objectives.
• All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers throughout Governmental, Casino, and EDC divisions, immediate supervisors/managers, managers in other departments, Executives, Board of Directors, outside vendor/service providers, customers and community groups.
Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting of maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of hearing, and typing; frequent use of near vision, smelling, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, color and field of vision; occasional standing and walking; occasional carrying, lifting, pushing pulling under 25 pounds; occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and manual handling and bending. Working conditions include frequent air quality; and occasional exposure to weather, extreme cold, noise and vibration. Protective equipment/clothing needed to perform job include personal protection kit to include gloves, mask, etc.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or related field preferred; or five years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree.
Experience: Minimum total of 5 years of experience required in a progressive office setting which includes at least 3 years of experience working in a manager capacity.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge of project management and training material development. Must have working knowledge of practices and formats for development and strategic planning, construction and project management, financial and human resources management and effective training methods. Working knowledge and proficiency in organizational/flow chart, project management and other specialty software programs preferred. Must have working knowledge and proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Must be able to independently plan, organize, schedule, coordinate and make decisions and judgments relating to assigned projects and other responsibilities. Must be able to apply sound analytical decision making processes and approaches and develop alternative solutions to problems. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in diverse range of audiences and settings. Must be able to listen and communicate in a manner which facilitates open communication. Must be able to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Must be able to synthesize, compare and analyze data; interpret legal documents and governmental regulations; prepare clear, concise, thorough, and meaningful and grammatically correct written reports/letters/documents. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred. 7