Resident Services Specialist (Manistique) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - ACFS
- Manistique, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Resident Services Specialist, under the direction of the Resident Services Manager, is responsible for ensuring that Low Income Housing program participants understand their rights and responsibilities within the program by providing thorough pre and post occupancy training, support and assistance so that they may remain in housing. The Resident Services Specialist provides a case management approach in which both housing and non-housing needs are addressed through a comprehensive community resource plan and specialized training curriculum to meet individual needs. The Resident Services Specialist is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing community activities which promote health, safety and community building.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Addresses resident policy and lease violations including development of an action plan to bring resident back into compliance.
- Provides case management through home visits to conduct intake, assessment, specialized training and referrals to address individual resident needs.
- Responsible for thorough pre-occupancy training for all move-ins including resident lease, policy, rights and responsibilities and unit inspection.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating community events that emphasize safety, health and community building on the housing sites.
- Makes contact with residents who are delinquent in rent and/or utility payments to make payment arrangements and provide resources/referrals for utility shut offs.
- Accepts rent and utility payments during home visits and scheduled rent hours to provide convenient payment options for residents.
- Promotes Tribal and Community initiatives promoting healthy communities through various modes of communication; home visits, mailings, door knockings.
- Gathers documentation from residents needed to complete income and occupancy reviews, and specific resident requests i.e. addition to leases, accessibility requests, etc.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Develops monthly newsletter articles and monthly statistical reports.
- Conducts Home and Fire Safety inspections for all homes on the housing sites.
- Gathers resident input to continually improve program components.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near vision; frequent standing, walking, sitting, carrying, use of midrange/far vision, driving, travel, typing, bending; occasional pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, manual handling, use of smell, depth perception, color/field of vision. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and occasional exposure to air quality and travel/flight. Potential hazards include constant client contact, computer use; frequent equipment use and occasional exposure to insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience working in a service related field with extensive customer contact required.
Certification/License: Must be certified in Resident Services within one year of employment. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with the annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to communicate effectively both, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing, spreadsheet, data base software and desktop publishing software. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have good project management skills; prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. General knowledge of Housing programs and other Federal, State and Tribal programs preferred. Must have excellent organizational skills. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to work an occasional night and weekend. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts