Groundskeeper-Full Time/Regular-Open until filled
- - Casino - Maintenance
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Groundskeeper, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for working on a variety of exterior projects such as landscaping, lawn mowing, snow removal, trash removal exterior maintenance and continual upkeep of Casino complex property. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Picks up debris and removes trash throughout the Casino property and Casino signage locations.
- Weeds flowerbeds and waters plant beds and plant containers throughout the Casino property and Casino signage locations.
- Keeps all walkways free of snow and ice during cold months.
- Patches holes in walkways, sidewalks, grounds and parking lots and other assigned locations.
- Monitors and makes repairs to water irrigation system.
- Pressure washes sidewalks and exterior fixtures.
- Mows grass and trims weeds as needed.
- Plants flowerbeds and trims shrubs.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Inventories and maintains groundskeeping equipment and tools.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other department, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include frequent standing, sitting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling and bending; occasional walking, sitting, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color/field of vision. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather, noise, vibration and air quality and occasional exposure to heat/cold and wet/humidity. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, and equipment and occasional exposure to high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure and computer use.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of lawn maintenance and/or snow removal experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of equipment used in grounds keeping and snow removal. Must have basic knowledge of safe work practices and safety equipment. Must have knowledge of plants, trees, shrubs and turf. Must be able to recognize safety hazards. Must have time management skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts