Housekeeping/Maintenance (GOVT) - Full Time / Regular
- - Child Care Center
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Housekeeping /Maintenance Worker, under the direction of the Child Care Center Manager, is responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the Child Care Center which includes daily housekeeping, sanitation, building maintenance and repair involving a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs daily housekeeping tasks such as cleaning, sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing, vacuuming, dusting, moving furniture, etc.
- Maintains building's carpets using carpet extraction equipment including pre-spotters, detergent, and biohazard kits as required.
- Grounds keeping - including grass mowing, trimming of shrubs, leaf blowing, snow shoveling, and ice removal.
- Performs a wide variety of routine inspection, repairs, and maintenance tasks in the area of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work. This includes but is not limited to: clearing stoppages in sinks/toilets/sewer lines, replacing floor tiles, repairing screens and windows, and drywall and painting.
- Completes monthly inspections of smoke detectors, emergency exit signs, and emergency lighting.
- Maintains inventory of supplies needed to complete tasks and submit requests for supplies as needed to ensure supplies are well stocked and available.
- Inspects grounds and facilities daily to ensure that it is safe and free of hazardous conditions.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Evacuates children during emergency and monthly drills.
- Interacts positively with children.
- Conducts monthly inspections of the playground equipment as part of the preventative maintenance plan.
- Oversee contracted work for quality and completeness.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and required trainings.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, immediate supervisor/manager, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/mid/far vision, depth perception and field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling and bending; and occasional sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling and travel. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise; frequent exposure to weather; and, occasional exposure to wet/humidity, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, infectious exposure and client contact and occasional exposure to insecticides/pesticides and needles/syringes. Must obtain an annual TB Test. Must be in good physical health as determined by physician.
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year housekeeping experience required. Building repair and maintenance experience preferred. Minimum of 1 year experience working in a school, day care or other licensed facility where standards are specific to the care of children preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge in electrical troubleshooting, maintenance of building grounds and equipment to OSHA standards or ability to be trained required. Knowledge in using biohazard kits or ability to be trained in use required. Knowledge of using fire extinguishers or ability to be trained in use required. Must be flexible and adaptable with schedule in order to meet the needs of the center, including weekends. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions. Must be in good physical health as determined by physician. Must be able to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification with 1 year of hire. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts