Health Assistant - Dental (St Ignace) Closes - 09/18/2020
- - Government - Dental
- St Ignace, MI, USA
- Year Round - Part Time
The Health Assistant, under the direction of the Chief Solo Dentist, is responsible for the day-to-day office operations of the dental program. This position is responsible for front desk procedures, scheduling patients, reminder calls, and directing the flow of the dental clinic. This position assists the dental care team in educating the patient/family on the dental program and policies. This position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, intern and eternal, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Answers phones, directing incoming phone calls for dental program, directs flow of dental patients and visitors while managing the daily schedules
- Ensures that appointments are scheduled in accordance to established policies and procedures
- Verifies and updates (on new and established patients) current and accurate demographic, financial, and insurance information as needed in dental software systems and RPMS.
- Contacts regional and national dental insurance companies (BC/BS, Delta Dental, Michigan Medicaid & others) to provide treatment estimates and pre-authorizations.
- Completes billing forms and Medicaid forms without assistance to secure necessary payments.
- Provides attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations
- Informs patients of policies, schedules appointments, and provides information to patients with regard to follow-up, payment options, billing and dental procedures.
- Assures that the patient bill or rights/responsibilities are provided to all patients, ensure patient updates their health history and files appropriately, and ensures that patient have completed the consent to treatment form.
- Retrieves patient records, prepares needed documents, filing forms and records into the patients chart and reminds patients of scheduled appointments via mail or phone
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assures patient privacy and confidentiality
- Maintains reception area in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers, referral sources and billing.
Position light with lifting of 25 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting, pushing/pulling, reaching, manual handling, bending; occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling and travel. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold. Potential hazards include constant patient/client contact, computer and equipment use; frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and infectious exposure; occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places and chemicals. General office setting in the clinic patient waiting area with exposure to ill patients routinely expected.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year of experience working in a medical office or outpatient setting preferred
Certification/License: Certification in Medical Technology preferred. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of medical and dental terminology, HIPAA and Privacy Act preferred. Knowledge of electronic health record & scheduling software preferred. Must have working knowledge of good telephone etiquette, communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly, courteous, positive and professional attitude. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have the ability to use tact, discretion, and sensitivity in dealing with all patients and customers. Must have the ability to respond to difficult and stressful situations in an efficient, effective and positive manner. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors, the general public and Health Center patients. Must possess problem solving skills, work ethic, organizations skills, attention to detail, decision making skills, and ability to work with others and independently. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts