Facilities Manager (Sawyer Village Gwinn, MI) Closes - 09/30/2020
- - Sawyer Village
- Gwinn, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Facilities Manager, under the direction of the Real Estate Manager, and in coordination with the Rental Property Manager, is responsible for performing a wide range of maintenance and administrative activities with primary responsibility for the management of Sawyer Village maintenance and modernization operations. The position is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Sawyer Village Maintenance Team and property management on behalf of Sawyer Village according to established policies and procedures of Federal, State, and Tribal mandates and for organization and supervision of all contractors hired Sawyer Village.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Plans and schedules residential rehabilitation, new construction, and vacant unit restoration construction projects and modernization and maintenance projects to include: Maintains and performs repairs on furnaces and household appliances. Repairs and replaces doors, locks, windows, screens, painting, plumbing fixtures, including sinks, toilets, hot water tanks, and electrical fixtures. Installs soffit and fascia, countertops and kitchen cabinets, and floating flooring. Repairs and replaces burst or leaking pipes and unclogs sewer/drain lines.
- Schedules and monitors work of outside contractors and oversees projects to completion at Sawyer Village to ensure projects are completed in a safe and satisfactory manner and compliant with applicable code and bid process.
- Manages department costs and expenditures and keeps internal records of all unit repairs and equipment purchases.
- Develops implements and ensures compliance with preventative maintenance and modernization plans.
- Assists Real Estate Property Manager in financial administration including items such as budget development and review, and development and monitoring program compliance.
- Ensures program compliance to regulations, Tribal policies and procedures and safety regulations, and company policy.
- Develops and reviews departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports; i.e. monthly status, cost analysis, project update, budget, and vacant unit tracking.
- Operates lawn equipment to perform grounds work, raking, grass cutting, and weed eating.
- Operates vehicle and equipment to remove snow and ice walkways, driveways and roofs.
- Tracks, monitors and maintains warehouse inventory.
- Acquires bids from contractors and provides work assignments and materials.
- Performs periodic inspections on contractor work to verify timely and accuracy in completion.
- Transports tools and equipment to various work locations.
- Completes and maintains inventory of all cleaning products and maintains accurate and up-to-date SDS sheets.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Monitors Maintenance schedules on all Sawyer Village vehicles and verifies the required maintenance is being completed when it is due.
- Oversees warehouse and works with Maintenance team on inventory control and accountability.
- Ensures timely vacant unit rehab and turn around through hands on work and direction of subordinate staff.
- Trains the maintenance teams on all moving equipment, i.e. lawn mowers, plows, bobcat, holder, etc.
- Organizes and manages parking and removal of winter storage in the storage facilities.
- All other job related duties as assigned
Tenants, prospective tenants, customers, immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives, Board of Directors, outside vendor/service providers, Federal, State and Community agencies, Law Enforcement and architects and engineers.
Position occasionally lifting of 50-100 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting; frequent use of nearing and near/midrange vision, color vision, typing; occasional walking, standing, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, far vision, depth perception, field of vision, travel and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to extreme weather, heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure, client contact and equipment use. Protective equipment clothing provided by employer includes hardhats, safety glasses, protective footwear, and safety equipment as needed on jobs.
Education: Associate degree in Business or related field, OR 3 years of demonstrated ability via appropriate position held in business operations or facility management. Trades Certificate in Maintenance, Construction, Appliance Repair, or Carpentry or a General Contractor's License preferred or 3 years demonstrated experience via appropriate position held.
Experience: Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing. Ability to obtain General Contracting License with State of Michigan within 12 months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of Tribal personnel practices and employment laws preferred. Must have knowledge of general accounting and office procedures. Knowledge of OSHA safety rules and regulations preferred. Must have knowledge of effective property management and residential maintenance practices. Must have knowledge of supervising and scheduling. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must have the ability to coordinate and run meetings with contractors and staff. Must have excellent team building skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must have excellent negotiation and mediation skills. Must have good math skills and be able calculate figures, cost estimates, discounts, interest and percentages. Knowledge of basic budgeting. Must be able to read and interpret legal documents, government regulations, contracts, bid specifications and evaluate financial statements. Must be available to carry pager on a rotating shift for emergency maintenance calls. Must be available to the Maintenance Technicians on a 24 hour basis for assistance. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts