Bar Server - (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Bar
- St Ignace, MI, USA
- $6.348/hr. plus tips
- Year Round - Full Time
The Server, under the direction of Bartender Lead, is responsible for welcoming and serving guests food and drinks in a courteous, friendly and timely manner and for maintaining a clean and stocked work area. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Takes drink and food orders from customers.
- Serves drinks and food to guests.
- Collects money for drinks and food served to guests.
- Balances cash receipts.
- Maintains work area by performing light janitorial work which includes sweeping, mopping, dusting and cleaning of tables, chairs and other items within area.
- Cleans glasses, utensils and bar equipment.
- Assists with items such as getting beer and wine and stocking server stations with items such as napkins, utensils, etc.
- Checks identification and confirms age of customers.
- Follows all regulations, policies and procedures related to serving drinks, serving to minors and serving to intoxicated customers.
- Follows T.I.P.'s guidelines for serving guests.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Complies with company and departmental policy and procedures.
- Assists with inventory.
- Attends all mandatory meetings.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, field/color vision, bending and frequent carrying. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise, vibration and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme cold, occasional exposure to weather, heat and wet/humidity. Potential hazards include constant exposure to chemicals, customer contact, and equipment; and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, high exposed places, insecticides/pesticides, and computer use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year experience serving food or drinks preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of or ability to learn to use Point of Sales system required. Basic math skills required. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must have ability to make precisely coordinate moves of the fingers of one or both hands. T.I.P.'s Certification required within the first 3 months of hire, training will be provided. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.