Weight Room Monitor - Part Time / Regular - Open Until Filled
- - Wellness
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Part Time
The Weight Room Monitor, under the direction of the Fitness Center Supervisor, is responsible for working with patrons to demonstrate, lead and explain proper weight training techniques. The position is responsible for ensuring patrons use appropriate safety precautions. The position is responsible for handling all club sales, maintaining club records, memberships and verifying memberships. The position is responsible for performing daily cleaning maintenance on all equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains and updates club records, verifies memberships and checks in patrons.
- Demonstrates, leads and explains proper weight training techniques.
- Observes and corrects improper form that may lead to bodily injury.
- Completes all club POS transactions.
- Maintains cleanliness of weight room.
- Maintains towel service to include washing and folding.
- Maintains equipment, recommends equipment repair or purchase.
- Maintains knowledge of all club information, hours of operation, membership prices, class times and class prices.
- Maintains records pertaining to retention, goal setting, and client progress and club functions.
- Handles all club promotional, informational and marketing material as needed.
- Sets up and cleans up Fitness class area.
- Summons medical attention as needed.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments and customers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include frequent standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, bending, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and typing; occasional pushing, pulling and stooping. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise and extreme cold. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, client contact, computer use; occasional exposure to electric shock, chemicals, infectious exposure, and equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Sports Management, Sports and Recreation, Health and Fitness or Athletic Training preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years weight training experience required.
Certification/License: CPR Certification and First Aide Training required within first 3 months of employment, training will be provided. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of proper weight training techniques required. Knowledge of current fitness industry trends required. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be self motivated. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Marketing skills required. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Native American preferred.