Maintenance Worker (Facilities)-Full Time/Regular-Open until filled
- - Administration
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Maintenance Worker, under the direction of the Maintenance/Housekeeping Supervisor, is responsible for performing a variety of general repairs and housekeeping on interior and exterior of current facilities. The position is also responsible for providing support and assistance to the Maintenance Technician, Maintenance/Housekeeping, Maintenance/Housekeeping Supervisor and other Facilities staff members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs a wide variety of inspections and responds to daily maintenance issues as assigned.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Housekeeping Supervisor, and Maintenance/ Housekeeping including hauling equipment, tools, parts and materials to job sites and overseeing vendor contracted work for quality and completeness.
- Shovels and blows snow using snow blowers, spread sand and salt to melt ice on walkways and building entrances.
- Performs labor to help complete jobs in a variety of ways including holding equipment and using tools and providing backup on jobs that require more than one person
- Responds to urgent requests for repairs with priority given to jobs which compromise customer and team member safety
- Repair and replace floor tiles and screens and windows
- Repair and replace / or install new plumbing fixtures
- Repairs, replaces, troubleshoots and maintains electrical equipment
- Cares for lawn, shrubs and spring/fall cleaning
- Performs carpentry, drywall repair and painting
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains building carpets using carpet extraction equipment including pre-spotter, detergents and biohazard kits as required
- Maintains building floors including vinyl, vinyl composition tile (VCT), ceramic tile and floor coverings.
- Cleans windows, sweeps, scrubs, mops and waxes floors, vacuums, dusts, moves furniture and removes garbage from buildings and worksites
- Gathers appropriate tools and materials for assigned tasks
- Cleans and returns worksite area to original state after repairs are made and construction is complete
- Maintains tools and vehicles
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position lifts objects over 100 pounds with team or dual lifting and frequent lifting/carrying of more than 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, sitting, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/mid/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, bending; frequent pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling; occasional crawling and typing. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, frequent infectious exposure and exposure to needles/syringes and occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, computer and equipment use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years maintenance work, housekeeping or construction, required.
Certification/License: Trade or Technical School Certificate in refrigeration/construction preferred.
Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic knowledge of mechanical and maintenance preferred. Basic knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations required. Basic knowledge of tools and equipment of the trade preferred. Must be able to prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Knowledge of electrical and plumbing repairs preferred. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and general public. Native American preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts