Tribal Health Recruiter - Full Time / Regular - Open Until Filled
- - Administration
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Tribal Health Recruiter for the Sault Tribe Health Center, under the director of the Division Director for the Health Division, is responsible for Health Center professional team member recruitment, candidate screening and evaluation, new hire orientation, updating job ads, and recruiting fairs. Must ensure the medical organization is paired with a candidate who will meet and fulfill the needs of the employer or organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provide support to organization in finding the qualified candidates for vacant job positions.
- Research for job fairs, job seminars and involve in cold calling, referral recruiting, etc., to get the right candidate.
- Assist the managers in recognizing the key skills and competencies of the candidate to make the final selection of the candidate.
- Check for candidate reference to ensure stated skills and experience authenticity.
- Carry out pre-employment tests like medical test, intelligence quotient, emotional quotient, etc.
- Report to the manager on the status of the interview and selection process.
- Work according to the rules, regulations and recruitment strategies of the organization.
- Suggest new approaches towards developing better recruitment policies.
- Arrange several marketing initiatives in advertising job vacancies through job sites, company website, newspaper, job vacancy journals, etc.
- Monitor the need for new employees for a particular post.
- Be aware of the healthcare job market trends.
- Identify and execute recruiting techniques for industry, market, skills set and region.
ADDIITONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs data entry and intake paperwork for programs as needed.
- Participates in various meetings and special committees as assigned.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers, outside vendors and service providers, hospital and health care agency and community agency staff, and front line staff at health centers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting carrying of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near vision, color vision, typing; frequent walking, carrying, climbing, use of smell, midrange/far vision, depth perception, field of vision, travel, and occasional standing, sitting, lifting, pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, bending and reaching and manual handling. Working conditions include frequent exposure to extreme cold and occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and noise and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer and equipment use; frequent patient contact, infectious exposure and occasional exposure to needles/syringes, equipment.
Education: Bachelor's Degree of Business Administration, Public Health Administration, or related field required.
Experience: One year experience working in the Human Resources or Health Care field employee recruiting required.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of human resource development and management. Well organized, detail oriented.Must possess working knowledge of health care operations. Knowledge of accreditation organizations and accreditation site visit and review required. Knowledge of management principles, medical terminology and documentation required. Knowledge of Tribal Culture and organizations and Tribal health centers is preferred. Must possess critical thinking skills and be able to make decisions effectively and independently. Knowledge of budget and financial preparation and monitoring required. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Knowledge of and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software required. Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.