Maintenance Worker (Sawyer Village, Gwinn MI) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Sawyer Village
- Gwinn, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Maintenance Worker, under the direction of the Maintenance Coordinator, is responsible for performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks to maintain and repair residential, commercial, and vacant properties managed by Sawyer Village.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs grounds work, raking, grass cutting, weed eating, and snow and ice removal from walkways, driveways and roofs.
- Assists with repairing and/or replacing plumbing fixtures and unclogging sewer/drain lines, electrical fixtures, household appliances, screen doors, entry and garage doors.
- Assists with performing inspections, repairing and cleaning of furnaces.
- Assists with parking and removing of campers, trailers and boats located in storage facilities.
- Assists with repairing and/or replacing drywall and painting interior of homes.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Operates heavy equipment, i.e. bobcat, holder, hustler and lawnmower for grounds work and other equipment of the trade when needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, immediate supervisor/manager, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position heavy with lifting of objects over 100 pounds with frequent lifting/carrying of more than 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, driving, sitting and bending; frequent standing walking, carrying of heavy items, manual handling, use of hearing, smelling, midrange, depth perception, color vision and field of vision; lifting pushing and pulling of heavy items, crawling and use of near and far vision. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather, extreme heat and cold, noise and vibration. Potential hazards include frequent electrical shock, client contact and equipment; and occasional moving parts, high exposed placed, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides and infectious exposure. Protective clothing/equipment needed to perform the job includes steel toe boots, safety glasses, gloves, dust masks, hard hats and eye protection as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: One year of experience in the field of Property Management Maintenance required.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge and be able to use power tools and equipment of the trade. Must have knowledge and be able to perform basic electrical, plumbing and appliance repair. Must have knowledge of and be able to use bobcat, holder, hustler, lawn mower, chainsaw and weed eaters. Must have knowledge and be able to perform snowplowing and lawn care. Must have knowledge of OSHA and Tribal safety standard. Must be able to perform painting tasks. Must be available to carry pager on a rotating shift for emergency maintenance calls. Must have customer service skills. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts