Sales Representative (Northern Hospitality)-Full Time/Regular-Open until filled
- - Northern Hospitality
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Sales Representative, under the direction of the General Manager, is responsible for representing Northern Hospitality to Retail and Wholesale clients. The position is responsible for providing quotes, estimates, and selling flooring and furniture. The position is responsible for working with customers and architects to assist in the planning and completion of projects and working with project foremen, contractors, subcontractors and owners for the planning and coordination of delivery and installation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Sells furniture, fixtures and equipment to wholesale and retail clients.
- Works with customers on planning and coordinating large projects.
- Reads blueprints and provides customers with job estimates
- Delivers product daily to job sites and customer homes as needed.
- Meets with customers and project coordinators on a daily basis both on-site and off-site, to ensure quality project completion.
- Measures for floor covering and wall covering for commercial projects and retail customers.
- Arranges and directs delivery of product to job sites and customer locations.
- Coordinates product deliveries from company vendors.
- Assists with inventory controls including participating in inventory counts and receiving of product shipments.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains warehouse, showroom office and bathroom areas by performing light janitorial work which includes sweeping, mopping and dusting.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, and customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking; sitting, lifting/carrying/pushing; frequent manual handling, stooping, and kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing and smell and color/field of vision, driving and bending. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather and occasional exposure to wet/humidity, extreme heat/cold, noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, computer use and equipment and occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places, and chemicals.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience working in retail or commercial sales required; 3 years preferred.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of the Flooring and Furniture industry preferred. Must have knowledge and skills of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling wholesale and retail products. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints preferred. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit friendly and positive attitude and establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and customers. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision and exercise good judgment and initiative. Native American preferred.