Tutor (YEA)-Part Time/Temporary-Open until filled
- - Youth Education and Activities
- Rudyard, MI, USA
- Temporary - Part Time
The Tutor, under the supervision of the Youth Services Coordinator, is responsible for working with individual students and/or small groups to reinforce learning of material or skills previously introduced by classroom teachers, academic as well as gross and fine motor skills. The position assists students with completing assigned homework and providing additional skill building activities. The position cooperatively works with students, parents, and classroom teachers to improve and promote learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provides practice tools/activities and guidance to reinforce material or skills previously introduced by classroom teacher or parent.
- Administers tools to determine student academic level, progress, strengths and weaknesses.
- Monitors and maintains the number of participants throughout the duration of the program.
- Enforces program policies and procedures to guide conduct, maintain discipline, and safeguard the health of the students.
- Organizes supplies, resources, and sees facility is kept in a fashion consistent with established policy.
- Maintains complete and accurate records regarding students' participation, subjects studied communication/correspondence with parent and/or teacher, and progress throughout duration of program.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assist Youth Service Coordinator in providing incentive and recognition activities for students.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, customers and school staff.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision and field of vision; frequent standing, walking, sitting, use of depth perception and color vision; and occasional carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling/climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, travel, typing and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat and cold, wet/humidity and noise. Potential hazards include constant client contact, frequent computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and infectious exposure.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree, Trade or Technical Certificate in Education preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience working with youth required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities: Knowledge and be ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software preferred. Math, English and reading skills required. Must be self motivated. Knowledge of record keeping systems and practices preferred. Time management and organizational skills preferred. Conflict resolution, negotiation and interpersonal skills preferred. Knowledge of Native American History & Tradition preferred. Must obtain CPR and First Aid Certification within 60 days of hire. Must have physical and emotional endurance to work with youth for long periods of time while maintaining control and a pleasant atmosphere. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit friendly and positive attitude and establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must be self motivated. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts