Housekeeping/Maintenance (ACFS)-Full Time/Regular-Open until filled
- - ACFS
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Housekeeper/Maintenance, under the direction of the Office Manager, is responsible for performing a wide variety of housekeeping, repair, and maintenance tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs wide variety of inspections/repairs and maintenance tasks; i.e. clearing stoppages in sinks, urinals, and toilet bowls and sewer lines.
- Oversees vendor contracted work for quality and completeness.
- Repairs, replaces and / or installs new plumbing fixtures.
- Performs carpentry, drywall repair and painting.
- Repairs and replaces floor tiles and screens and windows.
- Repairs, replaces, troubleshoots and maintains electrical equipment.
- Performs semi-annual inspections of the facility and grounds, smoke detectors, ramps, railings, emergency exits, signs and lighting.
- Removes snow and ice from walkways and roof systems.
- Cares for lawn, shrubs and cleans sidewalks.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains building carpets using carpet extraction equipment including pre-spotters, detergents and biohazard kits as required.
- Maintains building floors including vinyl, vinyl composition tile (vct), ceramic tile and floor coverings.
- Cleans windows, sweeps, scrubs, mops and waxes floors, vacuums, dusts, moves furniture and removes garbage from buildings and worksites.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other department, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying of 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, midrange vision; frequent standing, walking, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, reaching, use of smell, field of vision, driving and bending; occasional sitting, walking, pushing/pulling, occasional lifting/carrying of 100 pounds with team or dual lifting, kneeling, crawling, use of depth perception and color vision. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather and occasional exposure to heat, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and vibration. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, equipment use and occasional exposure to high exposed places, insecticides/pesticides and infectious exposure and needles/syringes. Personal protection clothing/equipment include gloves and masks and protective clothing.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years housekeeping and/or maintenance experience required.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations required. Knowledge of building/equipment safety standards required. Knowledge of maintenance and housekeeping procedures and processes required. Knowledge of electrical and plumbing repairs, troubleshooting and installation preferred. Knowledge of HVAC system repairs preferred. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.