Maintenance Worker (Manistique) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Maintenance
- Manistique, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Maintenance Worker, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for performing a variety of general repairs on interior and exterior parts of the building. The position is also responsible for providing support and assistance to Maintenance Technicians, Specialists, Groundskeepers and other Casino Department team members. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Responds to daily maintenance issues as assigned.
- Shovels and blows snow using snow blowers, and spread sand and salt to melt ice on walkways and building entrances.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians and Specialists and Grounds including hauling equipment, tools, parts and materials to job sites.
- Performs labor to help complete jobs in a variety of ways including holding equipment and using tools, and providing backup on jobs that requires more than 1 person.
- Responds to urgent requests for repairs with priority given to jobs which compromise customer and team member safety which may include broken pipes, downed equipment, and fire, leaks unsafe surfaces such as torn carpet, broken tile, or slippery walkways.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Gathers appropriate tools and materials for assigned tasks.
- Cleans and returns worksite area to original state after repairs are made and construction is complete.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors and customers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, carrying, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, bending, moving snow; occasional sitting, and crawling and reaching. Working conditions include constant exposure to weather, vibration, air quality; frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold and noise and dust. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides and client contact.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience working in construction or maintenance required.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic knowledge of mechanical and maintenance preferred. Basic knowledge of tools and equipment of the trade preferred. Troubleshooting skills preferred. Must be able to prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Native American preferred.