Gitchi Business Manager - Full Time / Regular - Open Until Filled
- - Enterprise
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Business Manager, under the general supervision of the EDC Executive Director, performs a wide range of complex administrative functions related to finances, accounting, marketing and promotion of the business, developing and coordinating the financial performance and profitable operations of Gitchi Sales. The position uses considerable independent judgment within the framework of established policies and objectives in decisions that influence department operations. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Oversees payment management procedures, reconciliation and deposits.
- Prepares requisitions for equipment, supplies and documents.
- Coordinates inventory and fixed asset management.
- Oversees Title/Asset Transfers.
- Manage all state licensing.
- Assists with reconciliation, bad debt, outstanding debt and default collections.
- Oversees accounts payable invoicing and payments.
- Serves as liaison with Tribal accounting.
- Assists with development and implementation of business strategic plan.
- Develop and Diversify dealerships, franchises and product lines.
- Prepares business reports and assists with compilation of reports.
- Prepares and delivers formal presentations before various audiences.
- Create, implement and monitor marketing plan. Including social media.
- Prepare bids for outside companies.
- Responsible for in depth operational knowledge
- Manage inbound and outbound sales and service calls, including answering incoming sales calls, setting appointments and escalating as necessary to sales and service team.
- Maintains good working relationship with manufacturers, lending institutions, and contractors.
- Manages Tribal Development projects.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 25 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, typing; frequent sitting, use of depth perception, color/field of vision, driving; and occasional standing, walking, sitting, carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent client contact, computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure and needles/syringes.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or five years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for degree.
Experience: Five years applicable experience in industry or educational experience with an emphasis on business and/or retail preferred.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of customer service practices required. Knowledge of inventory management preferred. Working knowledge of tribal procurement process, policies and procedures preferred. Working knowledge of accounting and payroll software preferred. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize skills. Must be able to work independently and without supervision. Must be able to operate a personal computer efficiently. Ability to perform acceptable customer service and professionalism standards without direct supervision required. Ability to organize and coordinate multiple, complex, detailed projects required. Ability to analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action required. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays required. Ability to respond to difficult and stressful situations in an efficient, effective and positive manner required. Must be able to promote good public relations in a cooperative, productive working environment required. Native American preferred.