Housekeeping Technician (Hessel & Kincheloe) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Government - Housing
- Hessel, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Housekeeping Technician, under the supervision of the Construction Manager, is responsible for performing cleaning and sanitizing in an healthcare setting of the Hessel Community Center (3 days a week) and the Housing Authority administrative office building in Kincheloe (2 days a week).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Cleans and disinfects patient care areas, public areas and waiting areas; i.e. hallways, walls, vents and windows, public and employee restrooms of the building.
- Cleans team member's offices to include dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and cleaning high touch items like phones and door handles.
- Maintains all carpets, tile floors, and rugs in both facilities.
- Removes and properly handles and disposes of trash and biohazard medical waste.
- Assists staff with cleaning up after elderly meals.
- Performs monthly safety inspections on all emergency lights, fire extinguishers and smoke alarms.
- Performs weekly cleaning of stove and hood in kitchen area.
- Maintains inventory of supplies needed to complete tasks and submit requests for supplies as needed to ensure supplies are well stocked and available.
- Responsible to maintain and update Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) binders for both buildings.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assists staff with the set-up and tear down of tables and chairs for meetings and luncheons.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and required trainings.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
CONTACTS: Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying of 25 pounds. Physical factors include frequent standing, walking, and use of hearing, typing and occasional sitting, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to extreme weather, heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, needles/syringes, client contact, computer use and occasional exposure to high exposed places, infectious exposure and equipment. Protective equipment/clothing needed to perform job include safety gloves and eye protection; protective equipment/clothing provided by employer.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year housekeeping experience required. Experience in biohazard waste control and needle stick protocol preferred.
Certification/License: Must be or become certified in CPR/First Aide within 6 months of hire. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting in a healthcare setting preferred. Knowledge of the use of floor maintenance and cleaning equipment preferred. Knowledge of hard tile floor maintenance equipment and chemicals for stripping waxing floors preferred. Knowledge of blood borne pathogens and handling bio hazard medical & hazardous waste preferred. Ability to use power floor maintenance equipment preferred. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must maintain confidentiality. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts