Count Team Counter (2) Open Until Filled
- - Count Team
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Count Team Counter, under the direction of the Count Team Verifier, is responsible for ensuring all slot machines are emptied of coin, currency, and tickets, and taken to the count rooms for the count. The position is responsible for counting and balancing on all negotiable currencies throughout the casino complex. The position is responsible for maintaining customer safety while moving heavy carts throughout the casino complex. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Removes all monies from slot machines.
• Secures bill acceptors in bill acceptor cart.
• Counts all cash and cash equivalents taken in by the casino.
• Ensures customer safety while moving heavy carts throughout the casino.
• Informs Count Team Verifier of machine maintenance needs.
• Wraps and/or bags all monies accurately.
• Provides attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers.
• Complies with all NIGC count room procedures.
• Assists with the troubleshooting of equipment, conveyor systems, currency counters problems.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Travels to and from other Kewadin Casino locations.
• May transport team members to other Kewadin Casino locations as needed.
• All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager and customers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, carrying/lifting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling and bending; frequent pushing/pulling, crawling, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; occasional sitting, climbing, use of smell and travel. Working conditions include frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold, noise, vibration and air quality; occasional exposure to weather and wet/humidity. Working conditions also include working in small closed-in places for long periods of time. Potential hazards include constant exposure to equipment; frequent exposure moving mechanical parts; occasional exposure to electric shock, chemicals and computer use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certification/License: Driver's license preferred. . Will be required to have a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Working knowledge and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software preferred. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing and by telephone and email. Must be able to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Must be able to travel. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.