Chief Solo Dentist (Manistique) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Government - Dental
- Manistique, MI, USA
- SALARY BASED UPON EXPERIENCE: $128,471.20 - $157,716.00
- Year Round - Full Time
The Chief Solo Dentist, under the direction of the Health Center Clinic Manager or Community Health Program Manager-Rural, is responsible for providing direct delivery of dental care at the St. Ignace Tribal Health Center Dental Clinic or Manistique Tribal Center Dental clinic. The Chief Solo Dentist is responsible for providing supervision of the dental clinic in assigned facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provides Clinic Manager with input on budgets and summary reports.
- Prepares and distributes all personnel issues to Sault Tribe Health Center Administration.
- Interviews and selects Dental staff members with assistance from the Dental Director.
- Orients and trains new Dental staff members.
- Directs and supervises team members within the Dental Clinic to develop positive morale and team spirit while ensuring accountability for delegated responsibilities.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of assigned personnel, completes performance evaluations and addresses performance related items and training needs.
- Determines promotional opportunities of Dental Assistants into new skill level with assistance from the Dental Director.
- Oversees Dental Quality Assurance program.
- Provides direct dental care for patients at the St. Ignace or Manistique Health Center locations.
- Conducts dental examinations and determines treatment plan for patients.
- Provides diagnostic, preventative, restorative, endodontic, periodontic, prosthodontics, surgical, interceptive-orthodontic and adjunct general services for patients.
- Refers patients to specialty and generalist care as needed.
- Coordinates Contract Health referrals for eligible patients.
- Follows Privacy Act Guidelines.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives, patients, outside vendor/service providers, students, contractors, and HIS and Tribal officials.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include: constant use of near vision, depth perception and field of vision; frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, midrange/far vision, and typing, and occasional pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, use of smell, color vision and bending. Working conditions include: constant exposure to noise and vibration and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold and bending. Potential hazards include: exposure to blood borne pathogens and sharp equipment, constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, infectious exposure, patient contact, medical equipment; frequent computer use and occasional exposure to high exposed places. Personal protection equipment provided by employer includes items such as but not limited to, gloves, gowns, laboratory coats, face shields, masks, eye protection, mouth pieces, resuscitation bags, pocket masks, ventilation devices and other equipment as needed.
Education: Doctor of Dental Science (DDS) or Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree upon graduation within 90 days of hire is required.
Experience: Experience preferred.
Certification/License: Must be able to obtain a Michigan Dental License (without having to take clinical or written Boards) and be licensed in Michigan within 90 days of hire. Must obtain Drug Enforcement Agency License (DEA). Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have demonstrated the ability to learn business and managerial principles. Must have advanced training in general dentistry. Will need to develop knowledge of Indian Health Service (IHS) Dental Guidelines and Standards of Care and OSHA Regulations with regard to dental practice. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively and clearly, verbally and in writing, by telephone and email and in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must have excellent organizational skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.