Licensed Practical Nurses - 2 FT/Reg (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Health
- St Ignace, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), under the direction of the Clinic Manager, Clinical Nurse Supervisor, or Physician Supervisor, is responsible for providing outpatient ambulatory and home nursing services to eligible individuals and promoting continuity of care. The position is responsible for the coordination of services, patient education and preventive health maintenance services to clinic patients. The position is responsible for providing patient care within the scope of practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provides and documents direct patient care within assigned workload.
- Assists in writing and implementing policies and procedures for Nursing and Health Division.
- Ensures for the safety and well-being of clients.
- Prepares patient and equipment required for appointment and assists provider as needed.
- Identifies patients who require attention and collaborates with medical team in arranging for appropriate care.
- Operates, monitors and maintains specialized equipment i.e., autoclave, surgical instruments sterilization/packaging, and medical equipment.
- Administer PO, IM, SQ, ID, IV medications and immunizations as ordered .
- Monitors and orders medical supplies and equipment.
- Plans and initiates nursing action based on nursing assessment and best practices.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Covers for staff at other clinic locations as assigned
- Promotes continuity of care, standardized patient education and prevention services.
- Schedules work assignments for Nurses' Aides as assigned.
- Collaborates with health care providers within and outside Health Division.
- Completes home visits as indicated under specific program or grant requirements.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, bending; occasional reaching, manual handling and patient transfers. Working conditions include exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and air quality Potential hazards include constant patient contact, computer and medical equipment use; infectious exposure and exposure to needles/syringes; exposure to electric shock and chemicals. Position must follow Universal Precautions and wear personal protective equipment as required when performing or assisting others in the performance of duties.