Restaurant Manager III (Christmas) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Restaurant
- Christmas, MI, USA
- Depending On Experience
- Year Round - Full Time
The Restaurant Manager III, under the direction of the Casino Manager III, is responsible for scheduling, guest relations, and customer service and personnel supervision. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains a high level of customer service and correct operational procedures.
- Schedules team members to ensure staffing requirements are met.
- Monitors payroll cost, food cost, and quality of product daily including monthly inventory.
- Handles guest complaints and addresses guest service needs and resolves any service related problems or issues.
- Coordinates activities and corrects problems within the department.
- Supervises and plans and directs activities of Restaurant Team Members and conducts performance evaluations and administers applicable disciplinary actions.
- Ensures team members comply with Company and departmental policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ensures a safe work environment for all team members and ensures all incidents are reported accurately and in detail.
- Creates and monitors budgets.
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication with team members and guests.
- Evaluates operational procedures, recommends changes and implements approved changes as necessary.
- Monitors service levels of Restaurant and Bar team members assigned within those areas.
- Assists with the development and implementation of department policies and procedures.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Attends seminars, classes, workshops and management meetings as required.
- Performs functions of subordinate team members, i.e. serving, bussing, cooking and bartending, as needed.
- Ensures all financial transactions are completed in compliance with department procedures and t that the proper paperwork is completed at shift end for all subordinates.
- Maintains proper food and beverage service, sanitation and customer service procedures.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers, outside vendors/service provides.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending and occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme hot/cold and dimly lit conditions and occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use and equipment and occasional exposure to high exposed places, insecticides/pesticides and needles/syringes.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of management experience in any field required. Previous experience in food and beverage operations working in high volume operations required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of restaurant operations required. Sanitation Certification required within first 3 months of hire, training will be provided. T.I.P.'s Certification required within first 3 months of hire, training will be provided. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have and be able to perform basic math skills. Must have skills in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Must be able to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software preferred. Knowledge and ability to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer preferred. Must have strong leadership skills and team building abilities. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.