Cafeteria Cashier (St Ignace Kewadin Casino) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Cafeteria
- St Ignace, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Cashier, under the direction of the Restaurant Manager, is responsible for the timely and friendly greeting of guests. The position is responsible for the accurate and efficient tendering of guest checks. The position is responsible for assisting with the preparation and serving of food. The position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment, updating daily specials and menus for marquis and ensuring all guests are provided an appropriate and clean menu. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains a high level of customer service and correct operational procedures.
- Greets guests upon arrival with a smile and thanks guests upon departure with a smile and a sincere invitation to return.
- Tenders all transactions correctly and efficiently.
- Assists with preparing and serving food to customers.
- Works with management to help develop and implement improved standards of cleanliness, customer service and procedures.
- Informs management of any unsatisfied guests in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to proper sanitation procedures at all times.
- Maintains clean work area.
- Maintains cleanliness of employee cafeteria; including trash removal, sweeping, mopping and food service equipment.
- Stocks supplies in beverage service areas.
- Maintains and stocks employee buffet and beverage areas.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Adheres to all Company and departmental rules, policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs duties of Busser as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives and Board of Directors.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching and manual handling, typing and bending and occasional sitting, and kneeling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to dimly lit conditions and occasional exposure to weather. Potential hazards include constant exposure to chemicals and computer use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous experience working in high volume food and beverage operation preferred. Previous Cashier experience is preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must possess good math skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor personnel, coworkers and the general public. Good organizational skills preferred. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts