Night Auditor/Customer Service Rep (White Pine Lodge, Christmas MI) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - White Pine Lodge
- Christmas, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Customer Service Representative, under the direction of the Assistant Manager and General Manager, is responsible for accommodating hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, securing method of payment, issuing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guest's accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to guests. The CSR is responsible for the efficient and prompt processing of all customer transactions, maintaining proper control of all cash and paper transactions and for ensuring each customer receives outstanding Customer Service and all transactions are tendered correctly and efficiently. The position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Computes bill, posts charges, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Reconciles daily paperwork.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Provides attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers.
- Reports safety and security hazards to proper authority.
- Keeps records of room availability and guest accounts.
- Promotes and sells all aspects of the property, including packages, tickets, and other promotions.
- Transmits and receives messages, sets wake up calls.
- Routes calls to guest's rooms, other departments and Sault Tribe businesses.
- Issues room keys.
- Answers inquiries, giving general information and processes calls.
- Maintains cash drawer.
- Completes end of shift reports.
- Communicates with housekeeping staff on room status.
- Handles paging for Casino complex.
- Maintains log of maintenance issues.
- Operates cash register to itemize and total customer purchases, collect payments and make change.
- Reconciles register drawer and verifies register totals against cash on hand, receipts, credit cards, and vouchers or debits.
- Scans in vendor deliveries, prices products, stocks shelves and coolers.
- Performs general cleaning duties, keeps cashier area, coffee bar, snack bar, bathroom, back room, walk in cooler, shelves, and products clean and organized and maintains a safe work environment.
- Empties garbage cans both inside and outside of the store and ensures washer fluid dispensers are filled.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory counts.
- Checks identification of customers purchasing tobacco and/or alcohol products to verify age requirements in order to comply with Tribal and State Law.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Complies with company and departmental policy and procedures.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and bending; frequent carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, stooping and kneeling and occasional climbing and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and air quality and occasional vibration. Potential hazards include exposure to high exposed places and chemicals; frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, computer use and equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: One year of experience working in the Hospitality or retail industry preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts