Clinic Nurse Open Until Filled
- - Health
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Clinic Nurse,under the direction of the Physician Supervisor or Nurse Supervisor, is responsible for providing registered nursing services to eligible individuals in an ambulatory care setting. The position is also responsible for promoting continuity of care; providing patient education, and preventive care and health maintenance services to clinic patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provides and documents direct patient care within assigned workload.
- Incorporates, utilizes, and maintains professional standards of practice.
- Develops, implements, updates and maintains individualized nursing care plans on clients.
- Teaches and instructs patients and families in techniques of positive health measures.
- Intervenes to promote, maintain, or restore client's health or to prevent illness.
- Provides primary health care and generalized treatments independently.
- Utilizes nursing processes in order to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health needs.
- Participates in peer reviews to ensure the quality of nursing care and best practices.
- Collects client data that is comprehensive and accurate for provider visit.
- Analyzes data collected and determines diagnoses and plan of care.
- Documents the effectiveness of nursing care and modifies plan of care as patient progresses toward expected outcomes.
- Exercises sound clinical judgment.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Covers on-site clinics or other sites for nursing coverage as assigned.
- Orients and delegates to LPNs and non licensed staff.
- Collaborates with Health Care Providers and appropriate health care team members within and outside the Health Division.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor manager, managers in other departments, customers, outside vendors/service providers and student nurses.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent standing, walking, sitting, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending and occasional travel. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise. Potential hazards include constant patient contact, computer and equipment use; frequent infectious exposure and exposure to needles/syringes; occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places and chemicals
Education: Associates Degree in Nursing required.
Experience: Three years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience required. Four years of RN experience with Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
Certification/License: RN Licensure in the State of Michigan required. Must have current CPR Certification and be able to comply with recertification on a regular basis. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of Nursing Theory, Skills, and Best Practice Standards. Must have considerable knowledge of prevention, transmission, and treatment of diseases. Must have knowledge of Infection Control, Safety Regulations, and Health Care Accreditation. Must have knowledge of clinical documentation and electronic health care records systems. Must have knowledge of boundaries, ethics, delegation and scope of practice. Must have nursing assessment skills, critical thinking skills and ability to problem solve and delegate. Must be able to demonstrate accountability and ability to problem solve. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and database software. Must have working knowledge of electronic health record charting. Must have ability to ensure and maintain strict confidentiality and enforce compliance. Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates and guests. Must be able to prepare clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, policy and procedural drafts, and other written documents. Strong knowledge of the service area preferred. Native American preferred.